Negotiating in High Pressure Environments
A compelling presenter with an endless well of experience at the sharp end of negotiation who addresses the continuum of crisis negotiation to kidnap negotiation
- Many suicides arise from isolation, loneliness and feeling of worthlessness exaggerated by not being listened to.
- Listen first but listen actively don’t second guess. Align to or at least appreciate others value systems
- Separate information, facts and inferences. Lots of information but very few facts. Avoid rushing to judgment.
- Questions are the key to better understanding. The skill is to ask a question that empty the person of the information
- Emotions drive behaviour – dissidents get locked into emotional responses. You cannot change the event, but you can change the emotions.
- Fairness is what people want.